Monday, August 31, 2015

I hope you find whatever you've been looking for

I'm not a very good talker, and just slightly better at writing, but, even though I know you have no idea that you'd pop up in this page, for like, ever, let me do it here. Because you deserve the words. The words I'm not good enough to speak directly to you. The words that would be lost into oblivion unless I pour them out here.

I believe that congratulations is in order, so, Congratulations. Everyone told me how happy you looked that day, and they were right. I wanted to deny it, but I couldn't, and you have every rights to be happy. It was your big day. That day, I didn't even look the way I used to, but, that particular day, it wasn't about me.

Growing up wasn't always a good time, and you out of all people sure know that. Having more than one sisters wasn't usually a blessing--well, it's a slippery slope, because sometimes it's the best thing I'd ever imagined and sometimes it's a curse that I was born with. But what nobody ever told me before yesterday was, no matter how tumultuous our relationship is, I still wish you to be happy. I still wish you good. I still wish you joy, and luck, and happiness that might have been robbed out of you. And more than anything else, I still wish you to be a better person for everybody else, even though you probably weren't nice enough to me. I know you can do that. I know you are. I don't need proof, because I have this blind faith that you are genuinely good, and I want to believe that.

So, yeah. Congratulations. I hope you're happy. I know you are. And I hope that this kind of happiness isn't fleeting, but rather, everlasting. I hope that it'll only be magnified with time. I will never wish you any less than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment