Sunday, December 6, 2009

Old Friends Fear

I had just been tagged on Facebook picture which is an invitation to an elementary school reunion.
I was sort of WHAT THE HECK?! 
I mean, look, I love meeting people. I don't really pick kinds of people who I'd be friends with because I'm generally willing to know everyone, BUT, maybe..... not in this kind of circumstances.
You see, I haven't been in touch with ALL of them (except three, but, 3 among 80 people? let's just say none) and I haven't seen them since, like, the last day of elementary school which has been nearly 6 years ago. Of course, I browsed through their Facebooks and I was impressed how... all grown up. If it wasn't because of Facebook and they put names on it and those who I actually know tagged them along on that invitation, there's no way I'm gonna recognise them. I know it's so mean because most of them still remembers me, but, hello?? My face didn't change a thing and even people whom the last time I met was when I was 4 would remember me, it's not that hard, but them?? 
And one thing worse is that I feel like so far from them, like, if people don't really learn our history, nobody would believe that we were friends. I'm not saying like, "Oh my God I'm so cool right now, we're so different, blahblah..." but it's true. They've been in the very same circle all this time, they haven't lost that connection and they would still know what to talk about. But me? Okay, we might still speak the same language but maybe, well just maybe, in different dialects (HAHA). This is mean, and this is rude, but I'm actually just scared. I'd really love to see them again and gathered up in the same room but I also don't wanna be the only one who's not talking to anyone as if I was in the wrong party! Have you been in any parties like that?? It's so darn pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment