Sunday, July 2, 2017

Shared Words

Remember when I promised that I will keep everything about you to myself? Because I felt like every single thing about you is a sacred and precious possession that I will never want to share with anybody else? Remember?

Just like I have promised myself--a million times, indeed, that it's started to lose its meaning--that I will never produce a single word of you ever again, I have very recently told somebody else--another soul--about you. I was very subtle and careful--not a single mention of your name or any other clues that will enable them to find out about you--and the way those words came out of my mouth...

...you have no idea how I have never, ever, said any word about someone that gave my heart chills and warmth as much as those words did.

I stood by my stance: You are too precious for anybody else to know. My memory of you--short and perhaps irrelevant now--is something that I have kept locked deep inside my heart for years, and ridiculous as it is, I am never letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment