Saturday, May 1, 2021

7x4

I'm officially 28!

This is a somewhat... important, number, for me. This is the age that I always told people would be the age when I would be ready to mature up, or as I put it back then, "I would not get married before I'm 28."

I hope I'm not wrong to say this, but being home most of the time in the past year, I have somewhat turned... maybe not wiser, but I guess more mature? Less risk-taker, more settle-down type. I prefer to spend on things I will definitely give me some sort of protection, some sort of health. Maybe it's because I watch how close death is with all of us... How I have started to see what should be my priority. How I realized that I still lack the things that my parents have had when they were my age - which may be an indication that I should immediately change, otherwise I may not have a comfortable life that they were able to provide for me.

My wish is that for this 28th year of my life be spent wisely; in love and out of grudge or hatred for anyone. Happiness is futile and maybe it shouldn't be the goal - maybe it should just be a bonus instead. I have to admit that I am happy and content with my life as it is now. Of course it can be better - but maybe this "contentedness" is more sustainable and maybe this is what we should aim for instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment