Tuesday, July 13, 2021

I Know You Would Never Read This, But

Hear me out.

The first thing I will tell you?

"I'm so sorry."

You wouldn't recognize me; or if you did, you wouldn't wanna hear it. You wouldn't wanna have it. You'd pass me by, thinking I'm a stranger.

"I know who you are, and I know you know me."

You stopped walking. The stopping was awkward it was more akin to a froze. You froze.

"I know you hate me, and you have forgotten about me completely, but just... listen. I just have one thing to say."

You still wouldn't budge. Wouldn't even turn around to look at me. I'm speaking to your back.

"I just wanna say I'm sorry. About what happened. How I chose to do it. I was a coward. You didn't deserve it at all. I just wanna tell you that. Nothing more. I will leave now, thank you so much for listening to this."

You still don't move.

I turn around and leave. Breathe a sigh of relief.

This time, I said I'm sorry. I apologize.

This time, I did it right.

This time, I know I can finally live with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment