Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Have you completely erased me from your memory?

I was a daisy fresh girl, and you were this young man with a voice that sounded like you were in your 30s. You reached out for my hand and said your first hi, the one that I'll always remember, instead of so many hi's you'd say later. You had trouble saying my name, while I can call your name in a better way, though it was the another version of your name; the version that came from your neighbor country, instead of the one you actually came from. But you were okay with that, and you were so very silent for the rest of the day. That is until the day I visited a major department store with my friends, where you suddenly showed up with your fellows and you said another hi with a smile. It was the smile that mattered. It was the smile that let me know you thought of me as a friend, and I was okay with that. And another day, you called my name with your voice, yes the deep, bass-y voice that sounds more like a man than a sixteen year old boy. And another day after that, you heard my joke and you laugh. And the next day, you found out that I support gay marriage while you think it's a little extreme, though you have no problems with that. After class, you told me that guy I knew from the disco was gay, or even if he wasn't, he's probably a pervert. And the last day that I could ever remember of you, your friend called out to me to say hi, while you waved your hand and smile. We were friends. Not that good or close, definitely not distant. We were friends, and who would've thought of something more could just happen? Summer fling is stupid, and we were not. But I was the one who's stupid for trying to live like cliche doesn't happen. Deep down, I knew it was the last that I'd ever see you. Deep down, at that very second, I realized that I just bid my adieu to the summer fling of my teenage years. But instead I was being stupid and I thought that someday, there'll come a chance that I'll see you again. It doesn't have to be soon, could be anytime. And I was waiting for that day. Maybe I still am. I can't stop wondering how can I never see you again?

No comments:

Post a Comment