Sunday, February 17, 2013

A grief that can't be spoken

"I had a dream that I've finally met you. We talked as if we never apart, but then I lost you again in a sea of people."

Ratih  Amandhita

It was a long time ago, sure. Perhaps what I remember about you weren't you; but the idea of you.Perhaps the memory I've had of you wasn't quiet it; I have a tendency to romanticize the past, and the past which included you is always my favorite part. Yes, you. How are you? The shortness of time that we had is a blessing for me, because... Even after all this time, I still write about you. I still try to talk to you, even in the most imaginary way. I still remember you as the one that I can never have, but always wish I could. You are the one that I have spent my wishes trying to reach, but they all soon become empty. I have met new people, sure. They are nice people that I wouldn't mind keeping for the rest of my life. I will be fine with them. So you shouldn't worry. I'll be fine. We'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment