Monday, March 4, 2013

When I'm awfully low

Being sick means I can lay in my bed all day, curl up under the blanket beneath my shivering skin and the wound up bones that hurting every inch of my being. Being sick means I can live in my pajamas all day and ignoring baths and still be socially-accepted (at least at home). Being sick also means that I can sort of shamelessly feel deserving of people's attention, even if it's only a simple get well soon. And lastly, being sick also means you can whine about it all day and everyone will feel bad for you, instead of, you know, judging you for feeling like the most miserable person in the world.

No, I'm not trying to romanticize the truth about being sick, nor am I trying to say that I like being sick (because I HATE IT). I'm writing this to remind you of the details that you might forget to enjoy while you're bedridden with flu and has a face like boiled prawns. I'm writing this to support the idea of seizing the day, even when your right to being healthy and fit to go ouside was taken away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment