Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baby you've hurt me

Sometimes I wonder if we ever realize the power we have to hurt people. We always think that people hurt us; that we have always been the best version of us and yet they always act in the worst manner possible. And when we actually do something bad, something that hurt someone, we still think that we've done the best we can, because we are so good and wonderfully-skilled to make excuses for ourselves. Which is terrible. Which is the main logical reason as to why people still tend to hurt each other, even without weapons. 

I need you to know that you've hurt me. No, not severely, but it still hurts. I am an individual human being that was blessed with feelings and emotions that I don't always like, and am not always proud of, but whatever I feel, I feel. You cannot stop me from feeling what I feel. But a part of me knows that I am fine because I do not let my feelings get the best of me. I am not a servant to my emotions. I can always stop it to feel what it feels, even though sometimes it takes time and tears and fed up emotions and so on.

So, you can be proud of me, or perhaps ashamed because of me. I didn't fall under your trap. Okay, almost. You were like that steep cliff where I could only hold on to a tiny branch, but that tiny branch helped me live instead of fall in too deep. You see, I live. Without your help. It's thanks to you that I am hurt and left having to survive all the pain by myself. But I'm not just a girl. I'm the girl who's not gonna give her heart to you just because you said you love her. I'm the girl who won't sacrifice her pride, her dignity and her wisdom just so that you would be with her; or just because she fell in love with you. You think you're loving, but you don't love her.

And now she, I mean, I, want to be free. I am not going to let anyone or anything define my life, dictate what should and what shouldn't be. This is not a good bye. This is my way of saying that I am so disappointed. I thought you were better than this, you know? I thought, out of every one in this world, you wouldn't be the one to do this. But you already did. Like I said, this is not a good bye. I'm still gonna be here, and you could just stay exactly where you are now. But you should know that you no longer have the power to hurt me. I won't allow you. Not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment