Thursday, June 6, 2013

Puppy Love


First loves are funny. They weren't meant to be so serious, were they? And yet, you will always remember them dearly, as if they left this special mark on your heart because they stepped on it with such might that it will always be there, no matter what the future may hold. 

Here's the story. Yesterday I met someone, who I have to say, was certainly I never expected to see again since the last I saw him. He was the first person that I've ever been romantically attracted to. Was it puppy love? I don't know, maybe. Maybe something less serious than that. But I remember being 5 years old and he was 6, and we were always in a certain competition to be the smartest in class for the next 6 years. He used to be this cute little boy who's smart and good in sports, and, during the last few years of elementary school, was every girl's secret crush.

Basically, I just think that it was the moment that we'd like to call serendipity. A fortunate incident. Why, well, because the last time I actually talked to him was... back in elementary school days. And we've been in somewhat the same college for three years now, never having bumped into each other, not even once. But then that very day, my very last day of the sixth term, our stars were crossed, and... "IS THAT YOU?!" moment happened. Nothing has been funnier than this so far. I mean, what are the chances, huh?


So, first loves are funny. Of course we've moved on, sure. That was a very long time ago. But they left a mark. I don't know whether you'd like the mark they left on you, but they did, and not so many people in your childhood can do that. It kind of makes me proud knowing that he's the person he is today, I mean, the 5 year old me would've been proud of what he's able to do today. And why am I writing this? Well... I don't know. Because a serendipity deserves a post, just as much as it deserves one great romantic movie starring Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack. And also, because it was so funny and totally take me back in time... in a good way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment