Saturday, June 29, 2013

I Can't Make You Love Me

I can't make you love me if you don't. I can't tell you how many times I've tried and failed, but I did. And nothing good ever comes out of it. I can't tell you how much effort I've made just to make you love me; really love me, not just with the idea of me. I can't force the universe to make a sign for you to read, just so that you know that you should love me. Eventually I found out, that maybe the universe doesn't know how, either. So you shouldn't try with all your might too. You shouldn't have to tell your heart to love me if it doesn't. You shouldn't try to fall in love with me. Nobody ever tried to fall off their bikes, so you shouldn't try to fall in love too. Because the reason why your heart is so hesitant is probably because it's not ready to be hurt again. And it's right. I can't guarantee you that if you love me, I'd stop you from ever feeling hurt again. I can't guarantee that you would be blessed with happiness everyday, because who can? I can't guarantee you that I will keep being the same person; that I will love you forever. I can't guarantee you anything. And so maybe for the same reason, we don't have a future together. You can't guarantee that you'll make me happy; with, or without the love that you actually feel. But you don't owe me anything. You don't have to fall in love with me. Some loves don't mean to work out, and this is one of those. You don't have to pretend that you can love me back; or that you can try, until someday it finally does. Love is not a work out; you don't fall in love with me just because you are used to my presence around you. You can't make your heart feel something it won't. You can try all you want, but when it doesn't, it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment