Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A Good Year

Welcome to another episode of year end review, where I try to give you the very essence of the past year in my personal life. This page has always been personal, and it's always been awfully me (I don't even try to make a witty URL at all). The reason why I believe in telling you these things, whoever you are, my dear reader, is because I know that you're wonderful human beings and if you keep coming to read something I post here, it's because you care. Not curious, but care. The older I get, the more I realize that it's not everyday you meet someone who actually cares. But you guys do. Thank you for reading (which in a way, for listening) what I had to say. I can never thank you enough.

Next year, I'll be 25 years old. I have been hearing about the infamous "quarter-life crisis" from my friends and I know that they are real. Of course, people in their 30s that I know will just roll their eyes, "Oh come on, don't be dramatic." but I trust my friends and if they feel it, it must be real. I think as a society, we should be mature enough by now that whatever someone say they feel is real. Don't shrug it off. Don't say it's not real or it's just them. That is exactly how so many mental health issues went undiagnosed.

I feel like 2017 have been preparing me for that very crisis. This year, I've been traveling and moved to a different country by myself. I've tried saving up some money. I've tried being alone with myself a lot and thus facing my own fears, coming to terms with who I am and what I am. It's been absolutely exhausting, but the result hasn't been absolutely devastating.

On the contrary, I feel like I've been doing some things a little differently than I used to do it. It's probably because the circumstances have changed: the available time, resources, space... many things, really. But also, maybe because I was anticipating the quarter-life crisis that's gonna come at me in mere four months. After all, worst comes to worse, I have to be ready, right? I have to survive. I have to, somewhat, be strong enough to do that.

God, this has been a wonderful year. People say time flies when you're enjoying it, and it's just what happens to me and 2017.

Thank you for this opportunity to live up 2017. I will forever remember this year as the year where things just take a turn into the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment