Sunday, January 2, 2022

The Warm Bath at the End of A Very Long Day

On January 1st 2021, I posted on my social media hoping that 2021 will be that warm bath at the end of a very long day (aka. 2020. Sigh) and lo and behold... IT WAS!

I left 2021 in a very high spirit, a very grateful mind, and just overall feeling happy. Believe me when I say that my 2021 was good - definitely one of those years where I can feel that I, myself, have grown tremenduously. The journey was not exactly easy or smooth, but I definitely enjoyed the ride. It was a very fulfilling year, and I feel mostly... content, with what I have.

A brief recap of my 2021 - it started out bumpy. I broke my phone in a friend's jacuzzi, and then, of course, I turned 28. I learned how to respect myself and my body - which led me to start my weight loss journey for the first 3 months, and as a birthday gift, I got myself HPV shots. Then work starts to pick up its pace. Not quite what it was in 2019, but definitely very different from work in 2020.

I also met my partner for the first time after over a year of daily video calls and incessant texting. Spent a month in Bali and it was heaven. It felt right. He made me do so many new, good things - things that for some reason I never feel like doing at all. With him, I feel safe and secure. With him, I feel so in love.

Then at the end of the year, I had my very first major expense - renovating my apartment. It was completed right on December 30, 2021 and took about 2 months. I've never been so broke - but so happy!

Of course there were low points in 2021 too; it will never be all rainbows and butterflies. But the highs, the achievement, the wins - they all make the lows feel worth it, if not necessary.

I feel very victorious coming out of 2021. Can't remember the last time I feel this way, but I'm grateful for everyone and everything I have in my life right now. My partner. My family. My friends and support system. For the first time in a very long time, I feel like I have control over the things happening in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment