Sunday, November 9, 2008

my dreaaaamsss

Hey ya folks, this post is all about me. If I'm crazy, stupid or simply just weird just forgive me coz this is all that I'm thinking of!

First of all, I am reading this ultracool magazine Nylon. I don't know if you think that this magazine is like, costy or anything, I just think that this is very cool, I love it more than other magazines like TeenVogue or Q or GoGirl! whatever it is. This is the October issue, which is 'It Girl Issue' and it's awesome. because if, like me, you like Cory Kennedy, Daisy Lowe, Lou Doillon and Zooey Deschanel, you'll find them all in one magazine!

A few hours ago I read my best friend's blog and she wrote many inspiring things about dreams and future. and I'd love to say it out loud that I have this very big dream in mind, that my parents would never agree about, first of all I wanna be an art museum curator, like for the MoMA or London's Tate Modern. If I can't then I wanna be fashion photographer like Patrick Demarchelier. I found that he's the only one who can make a picture of naked woman to be a real piece of art. My inspirations are people like Andy Warhol, Diana Vreeland, Patrick Demarchelier, Richard Avedon or Irving Penn.

To be like Andy Warhol is an absolute dream because, you know, I know my limits and I can never be as great as him. He's a true legend, you know? He makes me love the Hollywood golden era, I love love love Funny Face, Breakfast at Tiffany's and all. To me, Audrey Hepburn and Edie Sedgwick are incredibly cool people.

I am a dreamer, and I believe my dreams. I always say that I'm a parttime student and a fulltime daydreamer. even during classes I daydream about anything I can. Didn't Mark Twain said, "Don't let school get into your education life?" Unfortunately I live in a nation where school degree is very important, many people here believe in degrees, not experiences and talents and willingnesses. I don't like school, that's why I write this. I'm not a genius at school, that's why I write this. But the true reason why I'm writing this is because school's sucks and it gave you nothing in the end.

Right now I'm listening to Damien Rice's album, 'O'. I don't know whether I'm unlucky or what, I couldn't find it in Indonesia, so I bought it in Oxford. And it's so brilliant I really love it. Jadul sih, but it's still very genius and I recommend you to listen to this record. Besides, I love Rufus Wainwright. He makes music like no one else (well, I'm just exaggerating) but it sounds so sweet. I don't care whether people say he's gay or anything, I just love his music. I even think that gays are cool people.

Most of the gays I know are amazingly cool people, trust me. They do everything based on their hearts that not every straight people have. So, don't judge people because they're gay. Look, I know that bands like Jonas Brothers or Coldplay are identically linked with gayness but people love them. and if the Jonases are gay, so what? Andy Warhol was (suspiciously) gay and he was so amazing.

In TV series like Ugly Betty, usually I like the gay people. I love Marc St. James (played by Michael Urie) in Ugly Betty, I think he has a golden heart. and the way he dress doesn't get my eyes bleeding.

Speaking of TV series, I like The Hills and I'm impatiently waiting for Whitney's The City. People might say it's ridiculous but I'm thinking that it's better than watching American Idol. I even like Kimora:Life in The Fab Lane. I see Kimora Lee Simmons as the way better version of Julia Perez. they're both sexy, bold and crazy with good sense of humour. I prefer Julia Perez than Dewi Persik, for God's sake!

1 comment:

  1. wow cool.. art museum curator. gue aja nggak pernah kepikiran begitu padahal dari kecil I love museum! go for it, rien!

    ReplyDelete