Saturday, September 26, 2009

You and Me, We Are Duck and Chicken

This holiday, something old awoke. I took the very wrong step. Why on earth did I watch this Korean-Japanese movie?

This is so wrong. About two lovers living in two different countries and all the spectacles. One of the most touching part of the story is how they could fall in love with each other despite their language barrier. I mean, it's language. Isn't it the reason we human know each other? How could they fall in love by understanding nothing?

And, I also read a very fun novel by Lisa Barham called A Girl Like Moi, where Imogene, the main character, is a fashion-forward, ambitious, fun girl who fell in love with a perfetto Italiano. I mean, Italian.

Does that give you a clue?

Totally. Took. The. Wrong. Steps.

"We don't understand each other, baby. We don't speak the same language. We are duck and chicken. We don't get along. Ciao, amore mio.........."


No comments:

Post a Comment