Thursday, June 17, 2010

How far are dreams reached out by people?

It's holiday and it's time to really refresh my mind. I take this chance to start getting in touch with my old friends again--because i really suck in keeping in touch with old friends. It's probably the right time, since class of 2010 everywhere are going to college and we start to wonder everyday, where does my crush go to? And my childhood best friend? Is my bestie from junior high going to the same school as me? Will I meet my future husband in my college? The question goes on forever it's so scary how one can wonder so much. The start of college also raise new goals, new expectations and when you got the school you want, you think you'd reach your dreams. You know, when you think you've survived high school and then you can survive anywhere? Well, as an optimist, I do, believe that I, and you, or I mean we, can survive. We'd reach our dreams. But the questions is, so many people have been in our position before, how many of them actually did make their dreams come true? I don't like to be the one who break it to you, I don't wanna lower your expectations or say, "Don't dream too high!"--but those things happen to me. I broke down when I realised this. I mean... we're 16, 17 or maybe 18. Go ask the elders around you about being 17 and how you're gonna make your dreams come true. They'd say, "Come on, you're 17,"

We're not realistic, we're naïve. Well, maybe some of you think you're not, hey, that's just like me, I believe that I can do anything and I'll survive and I'll be successful... there's no doubt about it. But hey, every 17 year olds do that. Every single person in all of us. But see what's going on today? Great people don't come from the same class. They didn't sit next to each other when they were 17, so maybe, when you're sitting in a classroom, you'd think of yourself, "Oh, I'll be the most successful of them all." but they also think the same. Problem is, there's only one king and the rest will fall. It's like when Americans drill in their people's minds that they're the #1 nation in the world, but so do French, British, German, Indonesian and every country in the world. No one would wanna say, "We're #2 nation in the world!" Everyone wants to win.

It's hard for me to understand what dream really means right now. Don't worry, I still have them, they're important. But does being an adult would kill it? Because that's what adults are trying to tell us, it's good to have a dream, it's important, everyone has to have one. But not all of them can become true. Dreams are sweet. Some of us will get bitter as we get older, because disappointments are bitter and they keep coming in life.

I don't wanna grow up. but I can't wait to see my dreams come true. Sometimes I think Miley Cyrus is the luckiest kid in the world.

this post is written straight after reading Pungky's post, here she's my muse of the month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment