Saturday, October 9, 2010

Everything is clearer when you're in love

"It's too much of an important day to think of my birthday - it's all about being there for mum and remembering dad. I try not to think, 'What if?' But it gets hard for me to imagine what life would have been like if he had lived. I just think it's sad that I've never been able to enjoy an adult relationship (with my dad) like I had with my mum and my friends. But I try not to beat my head against the wall asking what could have been. People think I was too young to remember him but there are lots of things I remember about my dad, like him teaching me how to swim, how to use a knife and fork and him rolling up his cigarettes. I remember him telling me about England and promising he'd take me to (his hometown of) Liverpool. But he never did."
Sean Lennon
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment