Thursday, March 24, 2011

You, it was always you

on the train this morning
I looked outside the window, wishing it was a Eurostar ride toParis
wishing I was going to meet you at Rive Gauche
wishing when I take off the train, it was Gare du Nord
and you were waiting for me outside, and it was warm and sunny
with a look that you gave one last time when your friend called me by my stupid nickname
your smile is the only thing that I could remember the best
I wanna take a stroll in Paris with you along the Seine
I wanna drink in Montmartre and be the millionth lover Eiffel has ever witnessed
Shiny Toy Guns's Seasons of Love is playing in the background
I wanna walk the streets in Paris with you and do this beautiful thing
dépaysement
and if you ask me who was I thinking to do it all with me?
you
it was always you
I can't believe it's still the same person after all this time

I need to understand that can't waste my time always wishing I was somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment