Monday, November 7, 2011

"I love you too much, it's not real."

Winter morning, I looked outside the window and there were snow everywhere; snow in the streets, snow in the gardens of rich people who could afford it, snow on cars, snow inside someone's shoes, snow on top of the old man's hat, snow sticking on the old lady's faux fur coat. Walking out of the house will be banned tomorrow, so as soon as I stopped observing the view, I started reading The English Patient and helped myself to drink the finest coffee in the world: basically anything brewed in my grandfather's old coffee maker. It gets so silent it's deafening so I turned on the TV but everything in the world sucks; politics sucks, music sucks, the cartoons suck. So I put on my slippers to avoid the cold wooden floor and come down to the kitchen. Nothing was left in the fridge. I saw cheese but they had fungus. I saw an apple but it's rotten. Hopeless, I went back to my room and try to read a gossip magazine. The gossips got old and boring; the girl getting married on the cover has asked for annulment, she is now single and mingle....with a baby bump. I turned on the radio but the DJ talked so much bullshit it bleeds my brain.I tried the internet, but like the weather outside, it freezes. I called my friends, they're all away on an exotic holiday to places with the best beaches according to Lonely Planet. I tried to read the newspaper, it brings me so much world that it disappoints me all the time; that the world is the way it is today. I came back to bed, roll out my blanket and again closed my eyes; at least in my dream, everything was easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment