Thursday, November 17, 2011

She dreamed of paradise

...and I'm going to graduate real soon, buy one way ticket to Rome and work simple jobs there, and I'm going to speak Italian with different dialects they have, and I'm going to learn to make my own pizza and I'm going to eat a lot of gelato and I'm going to soak up the sun at the outdoor cafes near Trevi and I'm going to live in a dusty, yellow-bricked old buildings and I'm going to attend some very loud Italian weddings and I'm going to learn how not to use my diploma and flush them down the toilet and I'm gonna learn how to ride the Vespa and ride it everywhere I go in the city and I'm gonna learn how to make Venetian masks and I'm gonna wear it while at work and I'm gonna fall in love with someone nice and I'm gonna fall madly in love with him but I'm gonna find a way to let go and I'm gonna read Cesare Pavese and I'm gonna read them to a stranger at the cafe and I'm gonna speak with a funny gesture and I'm going to smile a lot and I'm going to collect money until I'm rich enough to buy one way ticket home. I'm going to miss my family and I'm going to hug them real tight as there were no people like them that could kiss my longing away and I'm going to love them more than I ever do and I'm going to make them a delicious pizza and I'm going to write a book about my journey and I'm gonna read it to everyone I know and I'm gonna be reminded as the woman with the dream of paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment