Monday, May 6, 2013

I Wish You Love



I wish I could've understood love long before you came.

I wish that I could see you the way they used to see you; this charming man who's most likely to be everyone's knight in shining armor. 

I wish, before you came, I had known how to love someone that was someone else's dream.

I wish I would've changed my mind while you're here. I wish you would've waited could be more patient, because I take a long time to handle things—nothing in life comes easy for me. 

I wish that when you're gone, I wouldn't have to long for your presence anymore... But I did.

And it's a shame that I did it to myself, but what can I say? If we are responsible for our own happiness, then maybe this suffering is my responsibility. I have known woe, but nothing was ever as great as this one.

I did not regret what I choose, and I did not hate you. Thank you for fighting for me. Thank you for sticking out with me after all that I've done to you.

I would be yours in another life. It could be someday, but for now let me figure things out by myself. Because you deserve the me that's ready for you, not the me who's still working her way into someone you would like to be with.

So with my best, I bid you adieu. Someone out there is going to love you better than I ever will, just like someone someday will love me without me always having the intention to hurt him. 

I wish you the perfect gardens with blooming roses and ripening apples, and the blue sky and the charming chirping of birds. I wish you love and I wish you joy. I wish you happiness and the knowledge that I too, love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment