Sunday, April 20, 2014

Whispering through the winds

Jan 1st 2014, 12.02 am
Bosphorus Cruise, Istanbul

The night was young
the wind was cold
it hit my face, hard
everyone was drinking Champagne, celebrating
the dock was opened
as I stared into oblivion

Suddenly you felt so close
like the wind brought you near
and I saw you in the distance
among the lanterns and fireworks
even when you're just an illusion
I still whisper to you

Have you been here?
have you stepped on the same soil as me
have you been here while you were here
did you stare into the same sky I did?
Does the same cold wind hit your face hard tonight?

Did you wince as I wince in the cold
did you shiver as the new sun rises
did you rub your fingers together like I did
did you get on the same boat, same body of waters?

Can you hear me whispering, my dear?


picture is my own

No comments:

Post a Comment