Thursday, January 1, 2015

Quick Review: 2014

I really can't help but feel like I owe you something by not having posted anything to conclude 2014, as I always do as my last post of the year. By the time I'm writing this, it's 11:10 PM in GMT-8, where we're still dealing with the last minutes of 2014, and, well, it's not yet 2015. I know, I cheated a little here, but, okay.

As I'm sitting here in SFO Airport boarding room, I'm trying to make a quick review of how 2014 went for me. And the dark night sky with ornamented fluorescent lights outside inspired me to say, that, with the highest of respect that I have for the year where I graduated college and officially become an adult at barely 21 years old, this has been a year of revamping.

I say revamping because, whether you realise it or not, I'm constantly struggling to adapt to my situation this year. The adult situation. The office situation. All the other situation that I am not used to. I'm still struggling now, and I will continue to try my best even in 2015. But it can't escape my notice that it's been almost a year, and I'm still not an expert in this.

I promised you, in my last post of 2013, that I will be a changed person, and, as much as possible, better. I don't think I have succeeded to become a better person this year, but the definition of better will always be different to one another. It has been a wonderful year... But I know I hoped that it would've gone... smoother.

I know that no one has had it easy in their early twenties, perhaps not even Bill Gates. Or Mark Zuckerberg. And that comforted me a little. But I know that I'm going to have to change that soon... Before it's no longer my decision. Before it's all for naught.

So, yeah. It's almost 2015 here, too. Here's to a good new year. Here's to a beautiful days ahead.

Here's to your future endeavours.

Happy new year.


San Francisco, 31 Dec 2014 11:21 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment