Thursday, December 31, 2015

365 / 365

A quick reflection,

It’s the last day of the year! We made it!
Okay, let’s just have a look back on the year for now.

It was an okay year for me. Nothing was so bad or so great that generally made up my previous annual review. One of my sisters got married, that was exciting. And while we’re at that, many of my friends, too. So amazing. The fact that people around my age are ready to take one of the biggest steps of their lives is an amazing thing. I don’t know how far I am from that point, but at the moment, it’s hard to picture myself in that position. But I never say never. I only say, maybe.

This year I got into a better lifestyle than in 2014. I don’t eat out as much. I exercise weekly (baby steps, people). I read more. I wrote more. I spoke up more. I still didn’t listen enough, but that’s on my to-be-improved list. I shopped more (much more) because online shopping is a magical thing that I am sorry our ancestors did not get to experience. I didn’t travel much, but that’s fine. Wanna change that one too for next year, so, fingers crossed.

And… what else?

I spent less and less time alone and not feel really exhausted about it. I used to pull back on myself at least once every other week, but lately, I feel fine doing it just once in every blue moon. It’s a good news, right? Still enjoy solitude, practicing it less. That was an improvement.

Also, I don’t hate myself as much this year. I’m still learning to love myself a little more each day, and as hard as it seems, it’s not a losing game. It’s a daily battle that I have to live with every single living day, but I guess everyone is fighting their own, too. There's no loneliness in that.

Before the year ends,

I would like to write this part for the me who will continue this fight in 2016, because she needs constant reminder, because she's forgetful, and because months from now, she will be thankful that I'm doing it.

We accept the love we think we deserve. You always thought you knew what that means, but really, you had no idea until now. This very day you're writing this. That's okay. You're (still) 22. Nobody expects you to master the arts of life; you're too young for that. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're not living this life to impress anyone. You're not in a race with someone else---it's really just you in the arena. Don't beat yourself up for something that doesn't exist. Even Donald Trump probably knows how stupid that is.

It's truly important to know that you deserve more when you really deserve it. Know when it's the right time. You'll figure it out. Or, you'll find a way to figure out. You're not too shabby when it comes to life skills, you know?

Please always remember to be humble. To be nice. But also remember to be tough and fierce when you have to. 

Anything other than that, you should be fine.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment