Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Perfect Stranger


My only regret in life is not because I dream too much, or wish too high, or buy too many lipstick and not enough shoes. My only regret in life is because sometimes it takes me such a long time to realize something that was so obviously in front of me because I deny things for sport or maybe am just plain stupid. I don't know. Ignorance is bliss.

It took me a lot of years to realise that it wasn't you. It wasn't the way you look, not the way you smile or the way your hair curls on your forehead. It wasn't the way you say my name. It wasn't the bass of your voice, not your speaking tone, not even the way you never seem to open your mouth in the instances that you actually speak. It wasn't the way you don't act like stranger with me. And it's not your LinkedIn page that I totally don't get; not the title of your thesis or the list of hard-earned titles that you get for being uber smart. It was nothing you did.

It was the time.

Of course, you are perfect.

But with me, it wasn't that.

It was because anyone would seem perfect for 10 days. Anyone. It just happened to be you, and I still haven't decided if that was a good thing. I still haven't decided if this is how will I let the truth slap me on my face and just drop it---drop everything here.

But at least it all makes sense now.

No comments:

Post a Comment