Thursday, December 4, 2008

another random day

Being alone at home could be très boring, and we all know that. I've been left alone at home since I was a kid without parents nor sisters, there was always just my maid. and my maid was always like, seriously boring and pathetic. however, when my sister, who's in college majoring in psychology, interviewed me for a research to "typical big city teenager", she asked about who's the most important person in my life, and without thinking I said, "Of course my nanny! you know, she fed me, she took care of me everytime I get hurt, she cooked for me, she tucked me in day and night, she makes up my bed... what she didn't do is just get me some cash!" That makes her angry and she said, "What about me? and mom and dad?" then I said, "Err... well, sure you guys are important, because... we share the same blood, don't we?" (I smirked)

So I spend this dreadful boredom by doing my favorite hobby: daydreaming. It's the best thing I can do, seriously. If only daydreaming can make some cash, I'd be Warren Buffet by now. and you know what? Even with the part where I can do best in, I still can't do it now! I'm out of inspirations, I don't know what to daydream about!

And my next destination is my ex-suitcase. I still don't have it cleaned from my old stuff from my last trip, and in fact there are still some stuffs left. I forgot I bought a Beatles bag which is a wee bit costy because it's been there since July! what a stupid bitch. then I found my best treasure: London A to Z book! It's a very important book for every London tourists because you'll never get lost with this book on your hand. karena iseng akhirnya gue mencari-cari letak rumah gue di situ, which of course I could find it in a snap. gue juga sengaja nyari2 alamat yang nggak penting gitu, misalnya toko Abercrombie&Fitch di Westminster. Gosh, this store is so remarkable I can't forget it!

In the US Abercrombie stores are everywhere but there's only one in London, with no board sign, and even its neighbour stores don't know that the white, hip and full-house building is Abercrombie store! and I also left a Paris metro map, which is very confusing. First, I don't know French. I don't and can't speak it. second, it's looks very complicated that I feel so lucky to always have my Italian guide during my Parisian trip. and the rest, there are many plastic bags from various stores. Okay, let's confess it, I usually collect plastic bags, but only from important stores like Harrods or Primark, because you know what, there's no Harrods or Primark here.

But, it wasn't enough. After that I didn't know what else to do. So I ran to my laptop and start browsing the internet. Well first I signed in to my Facebook, which is getting boring because it's like I've used all the applications and commeting on photos aren't interesting anymore. Then I checked out my e-mail, there's only one new mail from my friend who's now living in NYC saying, "Helloooooooooo bitches! Sup??" Boo-ring.

Setiap kali mentok, gue akan buka blog gue. Awalnya gue bingung, mikir lamaaaaaa banget ga tau mau nulis apa sampai setengah jam kemudian judul aja belom kepikiran. Dan setiap kali kementokan gue juga udah mentok, gue akan buka beberapa website yang paling refreshing kayak http://www.nylonmag.com atau http://www.teenvogue.com and it does inspire me to do something. For every girl these pages is a must, they're chic, savvy, tapi nggak tante-tante, very wearable. what's not wearable is the prices, yeah. Anybody a fan of Hyoni Kang or Skye Stracke here? Well, stop reading here and open.

I found some pictures of the new collections of Thakoon, Alexander Wang and Phillip Lim, and think that maybe as Asian we should be proud of them, they're amazing. Check them out and enjoy it because to buy them is almost uncool. well, maybe it is, cool, but not in the good way. I'm not a fashionista, tapi browsing tentang mereka is way better than stalking your crush's Facebook account.

Gue sih ga tau ya kalo ada orang yang suka banget buka Youtube, karena internet di rumah gue leletnya parah BANGET, tapi memang gue nggak terlalu suka aja nonton Youtube. It's a brilliant idea for those who invented Youtube, thank them for it, but it's not flattering enough for me. Yaa kadang2 ngiri juga sih gue sama yang bisa nonton youtube but I don't like it anyway so why jealous.

While doing it all, it's not complete without music. And since it's silent here I can listen to any songs but my favourite is still Coldplay. I listen to Coldplay, James Morrison (right, cheesy), Damien Rice and Sigur Ros a lot lately, they bring me back a loads of memories that I thought has faded away. Here's my best part (I dnt knw the meaning but I keep on singin this part all day today):

Mama tried to wash their faces
But these kids they lost their graces
And daddy lost at the races too many times
She broke down the other day, yeah you know
Some things in life may change
But some things they stay the same
Like time, there's always time
On my mind
So pass me by,
I'll be fine
Just give me time
Time, there's always time
On my mind
Pass me by,
I'll be fine
Just give me time

très cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment