Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Something I Can Never Have

This song by Nine Inch Nails was played back to back in my car on my way to school this morning. I wasn't really aware of what's the meaning of the song but this morning, it all changed.

....Grey would be the color if I had a heart/I just want something I can never have....

It's always frustrating to know that there are certain things that we can never have.

Like, a ridiculously uber expensive Chanel LBD? or a yellow Ferrari? or maybe a Nate Archibald kind of boyfriend? maybe simply just a peace state of mind?

That line always bugs me, what is that something I can never have? I don't know what's gonna happen in the future, I don't even know what's waiting for me on the corner of the street.

isn't it very mysterious, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment