Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grammys delight

Watch out everyone, Grammy is coming!!

Every year, I feel so thrilled about Grammy. This is the most-awaited award for me. Oscars is so boring, y'know, because 1) Fashionwise, there are movie stars on the red carpet, they always dressed in some way so they look cool. Meanwhile in Grammys, there are musicians, who, we rarely see wearing designer's pieces (except for the JoBros, they're like, so much into Dolce) and 2) movies have so many awards waiting for them, I mean like, SAG, Golden Globes... but music only have Grammys, Juno, Brit... well, I can say, not so much.

I expect a lot of wins for Coldplay! Hope they win all their 7 noms that night!

One thing that really pissed me off is the fact that Jonas Brothers are nominated for "Best New Artist". Hello, isn't that like, for artists who launched their first album in the previous year? JoBros launched like, their second or third album last year! What's so new about them? But whatevs, I hope Duffy will win in this category.

So many British artists are nominated, but I really wish Radiohead will win. In fact I think In Rainbows was really good, well not as good as OK Computer or Kid A (because who could hate both?) but it's actually better than, let's say, Viva la Vida. Thom Yorke is a genius.

The good news is, it's tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment